Saturday, September 27, 2008

Working Girl

Last week I went on my first film audition and got my first job!  It was for a Japanese pop artist's music video.  She is pretty big in Japan and is named Hitomi (you can find stuff on itunes if your that interested).  It was a lot of fun.  I didn't get to do a whole lot because there were 30 of us but I got paid to just sit around!  We had to wear these horrible swim suits that were bright colors, mine was traffic cone orange!  The concept behind the shoot was this linked tee shirt and a bunch of random blind folded girls dancing in it.  No joke!  I had to even dance underwater (great concept but the positive imagery stops there).  Not only that but get out of the shirt and swim backwards (they'll make it look like I'm swimming forward and get dressed in the shirt).  We went to the beach too and did a few things there, and it was really cold.  I had a lot of fun though!  I figured it was a good way to start :).  I had gotten an offer for a SAG film that was supposed to be American Pie-ish the day before (based entirely off my headshot might I add), but it involved nudity so I turned it down.  Hey, if Jessica Alba can go through her career and keep her clothes on, so can I!  I've been on a few more auditions and have some more tomorrow but the jobs keep coming!  I know if I keep my standards high I'll get rewarded for it eventually.  Until then I'm keeping my clothes ON.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting, but hey, it's a start! WAy to turn down that one job! seriously, i'm proud of you.........it takes guts to turn stuff down.......keep the standards high and you'll be rewarded.........even if it's on the other side! I lvoe you!

    ReplyDelete

Your Text